• Federal
  • State
  • Municipal

How to get your Driving privileges back after a DUI


duiIf you are currently dealing with a DUI or you have lost your driving privileges because of a DUI you have gotten in the past, you likely know that this can be a very stressful situation. You may be worried about what this will do to your driving record in the long run and you may end up not being able to drive your car for a significant period of time in many cases. This is why it is always a good idea to get a lawyer involved if you find yourself in this situation. Consulting with an experienced attorney like John Anthony Picerno, who has handled cases like yours in the past, is one of your best options.

What you should know is that if you are convicted of a DUI for the first time, your license will be suspended for a minimum of 180 days. It is true that a DUI arrest does not necessarily mean you are going to be convicted, but that will be up to the courts. This is why you should have a lawyer on your side when you are going through this process. If you have a skilled attorney, they can give you the proper advice to be able to maximize your chance of not having to deal with a conviction. One piece of advice that they often give to clients is to take the breath test when given the choice between the blood test and breath test, because the breath test is considered less reliable in court and can be more easily disputed. Additionally, with representation from a good attorney, you stand the best chance of achieving the best outcome.

If you are in danger of losing your driving privileges due to a DUI or are trying to get them back after a DUI, you should find the best criminal defense attorney KC MO has to offer. If you are looking for an excellent Kansas City criminal defense lawyer, you should contact John Anthony Picerno. A Kansas City criminal defense attorney has the expertise and experience to be able to answer all of the questions you may have about your DUI-related situation, and he may be able to help you out of your predicament as well in a legal setting.